Monday 4 June 2012

London, England - Day 2

 Regent Street
The entrance to our suite on the top floor?!  That's just my luggage at the bottom of the stairs.

Spent the day on my own which was nice for a change.  Didn't leave the hotel until 11:30 and decided to shop Regent St and Oxford Street.  Amazingly for me, I didn't buy myself anything. I got Raphe a few bits and pieces from the toy store, Hamleys, as well as some clothes.  A much wider choice for kids here than at home.  I did get to the National Portrait Gallery and had a browse, but I had really wanted to see the special exhibition showing 60 portraits of the queen.  It was sold out for the day so I've booked to see it tomorrow afternoon.  I had a wander around Covent Garden and Trafalgar Square.  There are so many people everywhere.  It's mad.  There is a concert in Buckingham Palace's grounds tonight and they're setting giant screens up in the St James Park/Mall area for people to go and listen if they aren't one of the 10,000 lucky ones to get a ticket in the ballot.
Having a rest now.  Cam, Dad and Robin did the pub lunch experience today, and visited some museums.  We are all meeting up later and having dinner at The Ivy.  I've never been, so I'm looking forward to that.  Will have my camera on hand to photograph any celebrities that might be there.  Cam says we have to dress rich casual - whatever that is.  It's freezing cold, so I'm hoping jeans and sequins will get me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment